Symfony / PHP Web Developer in Melbourne, Victoria (Australia)
Proposed by the Evolution 7 company 10 months ago.
Budget: $55-75K p.a.
Place: Melbourne, Victoria (Australia)
We are looking for someone who has a passion for software development, writes beautiful and elegant code, and wants to work in a dynamic and creative studio delivering high end websites and applications using the latest technologies.
Ideally you enjoy working with other talented people and developing innovative solutions, and will be looking to become a key team member for the long term. You will have 3-4+ years as a PHP developer building and deploying applications, preferably websites. We may consider less experience if you have world-beating talent (!).
You would have a major role in a highly regarded web design firm producing websites and applications for well known brands and companies. Projects are diverse and range from smaller, boutique niche applications to large content management systems, ecommerce sites, and development of web portals and directories. One of our high-profile sites was recently featured in BRW Top 100 Web 2.0 applications, and we have developed and maintain a number of other high-profile websites.
NOTE: we are looking for genuine, passionate developers who can write develop solutions and write elegant code to the highest standards. You will be required to undertake a written test prior to the first interview.
our technology platform
- symfony / PHP / MySQL / Linux / Apache / SVN / VMWare
- Expert OO/PHP skills
- Experience with at least one web framework such as Symfony, Zend, CakePHP, etc.
- Expert database/SQL skills
- Passion for code
- 2-3+ years commercial experience (or world beating talent)
- Examples of your elegant and masterful code
- Positive, friendly and professional
- Can work independently or as part of a team
- Energy and enthusiasm!
- Experience with version control / Git / SVN
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in multimedia/computer science
- Experience developing commercial websites and applications
- 12 months with possibility of permanent
- Salary package commensurate with skills and experience
- Discretionary bonuses based on performance
- Drive your career with ongoing training & conferences
- Be rewarded with our growth via profit share arrangement
- Be part of a creative and passionate culture
- Cool studio environment - converted warehouse in Richmond's funky Cremorne precinct
- Work from a great central location close to CBD, public transport, and bike paths
- Enjoy fresh fruit & breakfast daily, along with our famous “Foodie Tuesday”
- Great gear (Mac or PC, dual 24” monitor goodness)
- Day off on your birthday
- Work/life balance
- We’re nice people :)
We're an award-winning Melbourne-based digital agency bringing together talented creatives and developers to produce stunning, innovative, and inspiring work. We are passionate about digital and strive to weave together the key disciplines of design, development and strategy for holistic, best practice development.
- NO AGENCIES.
(The most important single aspect of software development is to be clear about what you are trying to build. - Bjarne Stroustrup)